Keeping up with success as massive as that of Clash of Clans would have certainly proved a challenge for any game developer other than Supercell. Yet it seems the devs read the mood and decided to stick with and build upon what has been tested and proven to work. Clash of Clans was more about strategy. Clash Royale still relies on strategy but also employs heavy elements of card collection and functions as a MOBA.
Clash Royale is visibly a TD game with complete plan-view perspective, as opposed to Clash of Clans’ isometric playing view. The gameplay is also timed here. The person who destroys the enemy castle first wins, otherwise the player who demolishes the most towers within three minutes wins.
Graphics and Sound: 4/5
The graphics in Clash Royale are cartoony and fun, and they are well-optimized for mobile devices. The characters and other elements are colored vibrantly, and even the top-down view doesn’t take away from the rich visual depth. There is a lot of detail that has gone into making the game, and everything blends well together. You’ll never feel that there’s any clutter on your screen even with all the detail. The sounds are also quite appropriate for the action.
Story Plot: 5/5
I’d consider Clash Royale as a hybrid of RTS, TD and MOBA. The primary goal is to destroy the most opposing towers, and the destruction of the King Tower is an instant win. If the players draw, the game goes into overtime. To begin, choose 8 cards which you can use to summon fighting units, spells and buildings. Four card rarities exist: Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary. You can engage in clan wars, tournaments or leagues.
Players cannot steer their troops on the field after deploying them; they can only place them strategically. You are using your fingers to control all aspects of the game, which is appropriate for a mobile game. There isn’t much clutter on-screen, meaning you won’t have a hard time choosing from your deck or deploying your cards.
Clash Royale is simple enough but also requires strategy to progress and beat your opponent, and you will have to learn which cards to draw if you hope to win faster. Progression without spending in-game money is slow and difficult, and you’ll have to pay to build bigger and stronger.
- Simulation FarmVille: Tropic Escape The idea of escaping to a tropic island is one I would support any day, mainly because of my crazy everyday schedule. However, since that is not possible, the close second is Farmville: Tropic Escape.
- Casual Bubble Witch 3 Saga: Magical Bubble-shooting Adventure Bubble Witch 3 Saga is a match-3 bubble-shooting puzzle game by King, the developer of Candy Crush Saga, Pet Rescue, and Candy Crush Soda. In this brand new installment, you will use your magic to fig
- Simulation 3D Truck Simulator: Imagine that you're trucker 3D Truck Simulator is a simulator of truck driving. In it you'll be able to transfer big cargoes from one place to another. It also will be possible to ride through beautiful mountain valleys and
- Simulation Bus Simulator A lot of bus simulator games promise to give you the real bus driver experience, but they do not deliver on the promise. Before I tried Bus Simulator 2016, I had played my fair share of bus simulator
- Action Stray Stray is an open-world adventure game developed by Australian studio BlueTwelve and published by Modus Games. The game follows a cat who is left behin...
- Tools Google Home Control all Google Assistant-enabled smart home devices from one app: Xiaomi, Sonoff, Broadlink, TP-Link and many others. Analogue of HomeKit for Andr...
- Action Poppy Playtime Poppy playtime is a cute and colorful puzzle game for all ages. In the game, you help the titular character Poppy to collect all the toys scattered ar...
- Arcade Minecraft Minecraft is an open-world sandbox game that allows players to build and destroy any of the blocks in the world. Minecraft is a sandbox indie game tha...
- Action The Sims™ 4 The Sims™ 4 is a life simulation game that was released on September 2, 2014 and it is the newest addition to the Sims series. This game offers...
- Action BeamNG.drive BeamNG.drive is a 3D physics-based vehicle simulator video game. The game was developed by a team of students from the Politecnico di Torino. BeamNG.d...