Clash of Clans
While six years have already gone by since Clash of Clans was first released, the game is by no means any less popular in 2018 than it first was. The game involves building your own base and defending it while attacking other armies and stealing their loot. This is a freemium strategy game, meaning everyone with an iOS or Android device can enjoy it. While Clash of Clans might seem like it only involves battling against marauding hordes of goblins and vicious clans, I was actually pleasantly surprised by how much strategy is required in the game.
The game progression is a bit slow, especially if you don’t want to indulge in microtransactions. However, this build-up of strategy is exactly what makes the game stand out and enjoyable. Upgrades—obtained by either premium purchases or natural progression—unlock resources such as warriors, heroes, buildings and other magic items.
Graphics and Sound: 4/5
The game is played from a 2D isometric perspective which has a lot of depth and color. There are epic 3D cutscenes that deliver a little realism, but the actual gameplay is all 2D. Cartoon animations embellish Clash of Clans, and this style is generally well-suited for an isometric mobile title. The game’s icon, a whitely dressed beautiful “goddess-esque” figure occasionally pops up on-screen to assist your building efforts. The sounds—especially during combat—are quite immersive and appropriated to various themes.
Story Plot: 5/5
The game requires you to build up your base, fortify and defend it from other hordes while attacking other players and raiding other bases for resources. Gold and Elixir are resources which need to be collected to help you build your base. The game has over 18 types of soldiers, from barbarians to magical dragons. You can train your own players or join forces with other clans to battle the enemy such as goblins.
While Clash of Clans generally has much detail on-screen, the controls are fairly easy and intuitive. There are on-screen prompts and icons which serve to guide your subsequent actions. Movement is carried out by simply tapping or swiping a finger in the desired direction. The prompts that you tap will allow you to complete multiple actions at the same time. The game is also optimized for devices with different screen sizes.
The game’s natural progression system is excruciatingly slow, and you might get stuck by a wait timer unless you can make some sort of in-game purchase. Ultimately, Clash of Clans is a strategy game at its core, and having your raids timed means that you have to plan each attack well.
- Simulation FarmVille: Tropic Escape The idea of escaping to a tropic island is one I would support any day, mainly because of my crazy everyday schedule. However, since that is not possible, the close second is Farmville: Tropic Escape.
- Casual Bubble Witch 3 Saga: Magical Bubble-shooting Adventure Bubble Witch 3 Saga is a match-3 bubble-shooting puzzle game by King, the developer of Candy Crush Saga, Pet Rescue, and Candy Crush Soda. In this brand new installment, you will use your magic to fig
- Simulation Bus Simulator A lot of bus simulator games promise to give you the real bus driver experience, but they do not deliver on the promise. Before I tried Bus Simulator 2016, I had played my fair share of bus simulator
- Simulation Flight Simulator I have always thought that pilots have the coolest jobs. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to pursue a pilot career. However, with games like Flight Simulator Airplane 3D, I can experience what it is
- Unlocking The Vampire Queen's Power: Nitara's Strategy Guide for Mortal Kombat 1
- Unity Policy Shifts Shakes Up Game Development: BallisticNG Switch Port Cancelled
- Raiding in WoW: Is the Hunter Class Losing its Grip?
- Unraveling the Horrors of the Universe: A Journey Through the "Dead Space" Series
- Unity's New Pricing Strategy Sparks Controversy Among Developers
- PlayStation 5 Welcomes "Lies of P" with a Compact Size of 35GB
- Music My Singing Monsters Amid a vast universe of mobile games, "My Singing Monsters" presents a unique, delightful, and interactive experience that sets it apart fro...
- Casual Talking Tom Cat If you're a parent, it's likely you've heard echoes of the app known as Talking Tom Cat. Renowned for its immense popularity among childre...
- Action Apex Legends™ Apex Legends, the dynamic battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment, has consistently impressed since its launch in 2019. Its immersive wo...
- Casual Gacha Club Brace yourselves as we delve into the world of Gacha Club, the newest offering from game developers Lunime. Off to a promising start, Gacha Club takes...
- Action Sonic the Hedgehog™ Classic Sonic the Hedgehog™ Classic is a retro classic side-scrolling platforming adventure game released by Sega in 1991. It was the first title in the...
- Role Playing Gacha Cute In the vivid fantasy realm of digital gaming, Gacha Cute Mod carves its unique niche with an artistic twist. Developed by Akemi Natsuky, this 2D indie...